View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 06:40 PM   #3404
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Glad you made it home safe. Looking forward to the rest of the update/escapades.
So am I.

However.....

Would rather be returning to work in the USA

So from Andy’s place we headed South again, splitting the trip to St Louis as the rental car, which had performed faultlessly needed to be returned before 5pm on Friday.

Motorway rest areas are rather nice, and clean.

License plate art did it for me.

Remember Celeb, my house/cat sitter?

We decided to stop over in his home town of Republic, which is two miles down the road from where Adam, Dennis’ son grew up.

This,turned out to be another good and fortuitous decision.

We got there late, found an Americinn Motel, clean, efficient, and a third bed bought in for $10.00 extra charge as Craig and Imwere certainly not sharing a bed.

N e booked in, Dennis and I had a car park celebratory beer while Craig who was IT helpdesk the whole trip, found us a decent place to eat.

Selection made, we went off to find our feeding spot.

S10 conversion outside predicted a good time.

Three Amigos.

One of the nicest, most confident and balzy waitresses ever to cross my path was working, unfortunately not our table, we think she may be a senior or manager type.
I asked he a question about the old truck outside and she was straight onto the accents wanting to know everything.
She actually sat down with us for 10 minutes, delegating a new table to one of the other girls from her seat. And we had fun, a lot of fun as she kicked my proverbial butt all over the place.
I liked her a lot

Anyway.....

Meet Meghan, certainly one of my highlights of the trip, just because she gave as good as she got.

I actually tipped her $10.00 just for company after we tipped and paid little Holly, our server. Which surprised her, but fortunately the money went to her study fund.

Meghan.

I cannot recall what Dennis ordered, bit he was very pleased with it.

Craig ordered a steak type burger, cannot recall what it was.....

Huge certainly.

Holly, our very nervous waitress suggested I go for wings, half and half Teryaki and Hot Cajun.

What a perfect suggestion, even if she was not game for the selfie thing.

Before the food got eaten though.......

They agreed to a photo for the Guys on the forums.....

21 Wings were almost a challenge.

I won, that time.

After dinner we headed back to the hotel for a good nights sleep.

Friday would be a long one on the road.

Friday Dennis drove via Adams old school.

Seems even the short bus is out of work there.

So we wrapped it all up and headed South as we had some distance to cover and some shopping to try get in at Antique malls along the way.

Loads to see along the way.

We also stopped by at one of Dennis and Adams old Sprint car racing friends’ shop where I got this cow poop covered vanity plate that had come of the back of a Dodge Dually that had its 5th wheel hitch break off during an emergency stopping procedure, just to have the trailer keep going and smashing through the rear of the Dually.

Next update when I get a chance to upload.

Later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote