Thread: Ls swap
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #21
jkhall316

Re: Ls swap

I used NO-Lift motorsports at the beginning of the year.

I ordered an LQ4(<100k mile) with Brian Tooley racing Stage 3 cam. reseal of gaskets. LS6 intake upgrade. I also ordered some TrickFlow Research Fast as Cast Genx-220 heads. this lead to upgrading to the terra roller rocker arms and needing different length pushrods. On, and I requested drive by cable throttle body.

on top of that I ordered a 4L60E transmission with upgraded 1-2servo and a monster 2500 stall converter.

So, after I paid $$$ it was difficult to get them to communicate with me even via email. claimed oh, someone was sick.. bla bla bla. Then when it all ships 3 weeks late it comes with an LS1 intake not the much better LS6 intake. at which time when I told them I would not accept that he tried to substitute with a sheet metal generic intake with short runners. also, the throttle body was drive by wire, not cable. The wiring harness was a mess. a few pins reversed.

When I finally got to the point to do the install I took off the valley plate to notice the cam lobes looked used.. and yep, the $650 cam upgrade with springs, etc.. was never done. NOTHING. I get it all done myself.. installed, and the computer starts tossing codes.. which comes to 4th gear is out on the tranny.

I would only recommend someone calling a lawyer if they thought about talking to these guys.. worst automotive experience in my life..
jkhall316 is offline   Reply With Quote