View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 04:42 PM   #13
hatzie

Re: New 2001 in the barn :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
I'm finding out just how much room that 8.1 takes up. It took a little gymnastics just to change the oil filter, ha! Gonna have to rig up some sort of plastic funnel doo-hicky to avoid dousing the front driveshaft in oil ever time. Keep thinking I have an oil leak when I walk out to the truck, but it's just the remains of the oil change itself still dripping off the crossmember and d/s...

Btw, I ozone bombed the interior to get rid of the smoke smell. I'm gonna have to drag out a few cigars to get rid of the ozone smell now.. But, it is a big improvement. Smoke smell wasn't bad, but it was there. Can't tell now. Did a lot of scrubbing of the fabric, etc.

The spousal unit likes the chrome tube steps, of course. I really don't, never have liked the looks of them, and also don't like crawling around under em when I'm working on the truck. I like the old Kodiak Sidewinder steps, they're small and retract almost all the way out of the way, but nobody sells them anymore than I can find anyway. Anyway, while I refused to only drive with a passenger side tube step () I have a sneaky suspicion these tube steps are gonna go bye bye.

Found a mouse's nest under the air filter. A dead mouse, that is. That thing had trashed the inside of the filter housing. Luckily the filter did its job, nothing got thru, and no damage otherwise, just soap and water.
Have you changed the cabin air filters?
Your 01 has a pair of em side by side. You pull one out and then slide the leftover filter to the hole and out the same way you pulled out the first one.
Usually they're pretty nasty because nobody changes them. Be ready with a shop vac and crevice tool. Mice and red squirrels like to build nests in the HVAC air handler too but they don't generally make it past the cabin filters.
It'll go a long way toward getting rid of any leftover interior odors.
1972 Ford F250 FE390, NP435/NP205 SOLD
1976 Chevy K20, 6.5L, NV4500/NP208 SOLD
1986 M1008 CUCV SOLD
2000 GMC C2500, TD6.5L, NV4500
2005 Chevy Silverado LS 2500HD 6.0L 4L80E/NP263
2009 Impala SS LS4 V8

RTFM... GM Parts Books, GM Schematics, GM service manuals, and GM training materials...Please include at least the year and model in your threads. It'll be easier to answer your questions.
And please let us know if and how your repairs were successful.
hatzie is offline   Reply With Quote