Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 05:53 PM   #203
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Well got a little bit done on the truck today.....We decided to re adjust the valves ….they hadn't been adjusted since it was built and originally set.

So we backed them off and then readjusted them, we also backed off the timing just a little bit and it seemed to wake the truck up.....It actually spun the tires for as long as I wanted to stay in it...which is a GREAT improvement...Tranny is still shifting a lil quick for my liking but I think adjusting the TV cable will alleviate that.

Got the grille taken out and ready for the fab guy to weld the tabs on it and weld some studs on the Chevrolet part so that it can be removed. Along with that I got the bed completely taken apart....Someone had tack welded the back floor brace on so has to grind the welds off so it could be removed. Will take this Monday to the shop.

Also gathered up all the small pieces I want chromed gathered up and boxed up so I can ship them out to be chromed.....Ill get that shipped out on Monday

All in all it was a productive day.

The last 2 pics are of my Uncles truck...a 52 5 window...John Deere Yellow and Green....He bought it that way many years ago...It has a 54 inline 6, supposedly a lil bigger motor, and I guess the previous owner put different doors on the truck and changed them from push button door handles to twist door handles, Got to spend Thanksgiving with them yesterday and of course I made him pull it out and we went for a ride. And yeah I have been politicking for this truck for awhile...maybe one day he will sell it to me.....
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote