View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 03:02 PM   #3721
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Tom View Post
Excellent. $50 isn't too shabby either.

Yes, that's another thing - I almost invariably like the stock steering wheels better than the aftermarket wheels, although there are a few that are really nice. Hopefully you can find a decent one locally. If not, there's several on eBay here in the US.
Agreed.

Problem with us here on Mud Island is that if you see a $5000.00 truck it will cost closer to or over $8000.00 landed on our driveway.

Parts attract local taxes, massive shipping, then import duties and handling over here too..... so it becomes an expensive hobby.

Still, we would not change any of this.

The new in box grille looks like this, with no badges and you need to make adjusted mounting brackets.

These belong to the guy who sold me the replacement rear light units, and he was going to sell me one, possibly the second one, till I found the new boxed unit.

I have a few emblems to choose from.

The metal one came with the Blazer, but has no fixing clips.

This afternoon I took the Blazer for a nice drive and got some food, gas (I like taking pics at different gas stations, so only put in 16 litres at a time.) and a few photos.

Also drove to the place where I originally saw the truck in June of 2016

Sadly I could not take the pic on the driveway again, with the new look truck that is not a Project

Then drove to a place where I knew I could get a neat shot of the truc.

And eventually came home the long way around, having driven around for over two hours, just love driving this truck randomly.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote