View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 02:00 AM   #885
dieseldawg142

Re: '64 chevy 2wd to 4wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDad View Post
nice job on the build ups. Wanted to ask you what are you using for glue and paints now ? I haven't put a kit together for decades now and just curious what stuff is good to buy now... Thanks
thanks!
actually i use pretty much whatever i can find if it's the color i like. my '66 panel i used paint from the '80's!....
for small details i just use Testors, Humbrol, and Model Master mostly. Tamiya paint is nice, but expensive up here...
for glueing i again use Testors and dollar store instant super glue. White glue is great for clear parts, dries clear if you get it where you should'nt.
i do have an airbrush, but being lazy (cleaning...) i rarely drag it out anymore, if i can find the color in a spray bomb, i'll go that route. i do have an affinity for Krylon flat or satin black for chassis 's. i have never had a paint job or chassis go wrong using Krylon. and if it's real old paint ('66 panel) instead of pushing it threw my airbrush, i'll use this detail gun i got....
pretty hard to go wrong with most materials out there now, i remember building models almost 50 yrs ago with c**p glue and lousy paint
Name:  IMG_3547.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  53.4 KB

have'nt made it to the shop lately Dale, but 2 of 4 rockers we're just going to replace them, other 2 are good.
been buying and restoring parts for it though..
last 10 yrs or so i been running a billet grille....
Name:  IMG_3542.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  54.1 KB

just for a change-up, i dragged out my stock grille, fixed a crack in it and shot some new paint on it...when the truck gets painted, i'll get buddy to paint the middle band same as the truck...green...
just and i mean just painted, have'nt even pulled the masking off the back yet..
Name:  IMG_3540.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  47.0 KBName:  IMG_3541.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  47.9 KB
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote