View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 11:57 AM   #150
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

As much as I want to get the front half of the body mounted, that's going to have to wait. From what I can tell the easiest way make sure it's on straight is to mount the hood first and then the front clip so you can line it up as you go. For one I don't have the proper Hood bolts, do I don't really have room in my garage to pull the front end off so that will have to wait till spring when I can move it outside. So I spent Sunday focused on the interior of the cab. First step was pulling the gauges. One of my absolute preferred tools for working in dashes is an extra long flexible quarter inch handle driver that I got years ago. It's a regular nut driver handle and this one's got an 18 inch flexible extension that you can run a quarter inch drive socket on the end of. It made pulling the Gages a lot easier. I got those out without breaking anything or twisting any of the stubs off so that's a good deal. I have an S10 gauge cluster that I picked up that has all 4 gauges in the speedometer that my plan is to transfer the guts over into these housings.
Got the heater assembly pulled out along with all the rest of the wiring that was left under the dash. I have a probably crazy an over-ambitious idea for the heater. as I'm working on this I see there's a big huge Dead space behind the passenger front wheel inside the fender. I'm thinking very hard about building a heater box to go in there to house the motor and the heater core and AC evaporator core. Then run the air through the passenger side cowl panel do a distribution box under the dash. I know that vintage air and several other ones make kits for these and I have installed a couple in other vehicles. They work, but compared to the OE quality stuff I work on everyday they feel kind of cheap for as expensive as they are and almost every one of them you lose your glove box or almost all of it. There's not much room in here for storage as it is and I don't really want to sacrifice that.

Plus I enjoy a challenge and I like building stuff with my hands so it seems like it's suitable project.
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote