Thread: 69 c50
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 02:47 PM   #6
Pvmt-Pndr

Re: 69 c50

I've done a lot of searching and reading all over the net. It seems like most don't take their trucks to the level I'm thinking. I figure this would be my forever pull truck. One thing upgraded at a time but I'm still looking for ideas and coming up with a plan. I do have the skills and the tools to do just about anything. If I don't have them then I know someone who does. I appreciate the responses so far.

I currently have a 366 at my disposal, it's in one of my wife's mega truck and that truck needs more power! That truck will be getting something a little special one day. Looking at the rated torque numbers of the 350 which is 325 and the 366 which is at 345 it's not worth it to me to do that swap for 20 ft lbs.

I'm glad to hear these things will run higher speeds but does that include the 2 speed rear end? You specified fixed gears. What rpm would the little 350 be turning at at 65 mph? I only ask because an engine swap and rear end swap would probably be the very last thing I do to it.

I assume it rides like a mule so I've been pondering weather or not to do a parallel 4 link with pan hard bar with 1-1/4" heims and air bags. I've built a few different suspensions. This would be the first parallel one since i believe it would be the best fit for the application. I'll do it to the stock rear end if I know it'll do what I want it to. Anyone done that?

I've decided I do want to stick with a manual transmission for sure. I like having control of rpms while towing.

Dumb question now... when shifting. I've driven split rear ends where the pattern is 1L, 2L, 3L, 4L, 5H shift to high 1H, 2H, 3H, 4H, 5H. That was much newer truck with a diesel. Is that the way to shift this C50 or is it 1L/1H, 2L/2H etc...?
Pvmt-Pndr is offline   Reply With Quote