Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 08:46 PM   #309
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Lil Update for today.

Bryan sent me pictures of the rocker on the drivers side door.....also had to change the hinge pin...said it was sagging just a bit and was better to be safe than sorry.

Did a test piece of finish on the wood today...I tried Teak Oil, Danish Oil and Spar Urethane.....while the wood wont stay white no matter what finish I put on it the Spar was the closest....It has a very slight light tint to it...lighter than a honey color. I placed some white paper beside it and I think it will look really good.

Also went by the paint store today....pretty interesting to say the least and got some great advice. They were very encouraging and I spent about an hour with them talking about ole girl and her need for some fresh makeup.

So I have a gallon of epoxy primer and a gallon of hi-build, tar and grease remover, Also got a tube of seam sealer and a tube of glazing putty plus some strainers, sticks and mixing cups. I was going to purchase a gun but they told me the best thing to do especially for the primer was to buy a cheap gun because most of the primer would be sanded off anyway...no need to buy a high quality gun at this point....made sense to me....Plus my good friend Andy has offered me the use of his gun when the time comes to spray the base and clear...Eastwood has a gun...Contour Gun set for 359.00 but it will go on sale for about 290.00....may think about that at some point.

But based on the numbers I got today to include the primers I bought I am looking at 2k for the paint job.....I have the sand paper...all but the wetsand paper, Evercoat filler....Besides paint...will need some tape and paper
Attached Images

2019 GMC AT4
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote