Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #374
kdad

Re: Johns 66

I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to learn welding in the back yard from dad. He demanded that I learn to Oxy/Acetylene weld and cut and then become very proficient at arc welding. Applied that knowledge while working on my uncles farm as a young teenager through the summers and again working for another uncles trucking company in the winters and then again in High school where they taught Mig and Tig welding. Back when shop class was highly regarded as a necessity. Spent many a night in the shop welding aluminum and chromoly for local sprint car teams in California. After 40 years of welding I too still have my moments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns 66 View Post
Oh How I know...I tried to MIG weld a spot on the door....way out of my league...just kept burning holes.....

I also learned years ago to never throw a tool near the project... always throw in the opposite direction.. LOL
Yeah learned long time ago that throwing things just cost me more money......Bryan has a TIG welding class he offers periodically...I may just have to go learn some things.
Never hurts to expand ones knowledge base that's for sure....

She may not be the prom queen but at least she puts out..
kdad is offline   Reply With Quote