View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 11:41 PM   #138
DransportGarage

Re: What's going wrong inside my 350?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
Balancer rubber (aka isolation ring) is just a friction fit between the inner hub and outer inertia ring. I'm a cheapskate so I've pushed some back into position that had been pried on by po's and it never caused a problem in the life of the vehicles - AS LONG AS IT HASN'T SPUN AND CHANGED THE POSITION OF THE TIMING MARK. But yeah, after reading this, for $50 I guess I should have replaced them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB2HBfnUAOA

I've also screwed every balancer I've ever owned on with the crank bolt without issue. Amazing how luck protects the ignorant, ha ha!
We've all cheated death from time to time, and most of us are still here. I remember in my early days, pounding balancers on. I still use a bolt to pull them into place if they're not too persnickety, but experience teaches you the limits. Then there's those "indian tricks" (can I still say that?) I have a habit of pulling out of the bag.
Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote