View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 12:52 PM   #175
dsraven

Re: What's going wrong inside my 350?

in my home garages over the years I have always incorporated an attic hatch somewhere in the area where a chain fall would be used for this. a buddy of mine actually reinforced his trusses with plywood sheeting so he could hand wild meat safely. no sag in his roof! my garage now has trusses rated for tile roofing and has 18" of blown insulation. above that I have a platform so I can store a few items up there out of the way. the hatch location is in the middle front of the shop near the bench so always accessible even with 2 cars in there but also useable if required to lift something from there. I have an engine lift so not too often that is needed. you may check parts source or auto value for rentals or a deal on old stock engine lift. sometimes talking to a mechanic at a shop will also yield a cheap rental from his own home garage. you can usually sell the one you bought on kijiji even if you lose a little. you got to use it without a deadline to return so it is worth the small loss.
this kijiji ad seems like the right price for a combo. there is also uncle weiner's for the $300 mark-new-hoist only.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-tool-other/e...ationFlag=true
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote