View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 07:45 PM   #2860
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Before my brother comes over to help me tune up Marge (my '59 Rambler daily driver) I thought I would get this bed header in primer and paint. We are talking rattle can stuff here, just to get some color back on. You see, I stripped this header panel inside and out before I decided to just buy a new bed. Which of course stripping it sent me in that direction because it was a MUTHA to do and I am just done with doing stuff like that. I am going to buy a new bed, paint it and bolt it on, done deal.

I brought a sample of the lacquer paint on the rest of the bed to the hardware store and actually got a pretty good color, in statin so it looks like the dead lacquer that is on the rest of the bed. It's still wet in this photo is why it has a gloss.

But I am going to bolt this bed together and sell it on craigslist to someone who wants that "patina" look and a straight bed.

The other photo is a little safety device I decided to do after the wind blew down the garage door!

I just drilled a hole through on both sides putting this bolt that I will remove to shut the door.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote