View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 01:47 PM   #156
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

I got the steering column temporarily mounted over the weekend.I don't know about you guys but anytime I come up with leftover brackets I have a hard time throwing them away. I have a drill press, cop saw and a welder but sometimes it's faster and easier to take an existing bracket cut an ear off and use that. It lucky and had two matching brackets already been and drilled that I think should work. The 89 Chevy van column I'm using has 4 threaded posts welded to the column already. The right one bolted up to the upper hole and matched the curve of the dash perfectly. The left one was close and just needed a little tweak. I don't have a good vice at home and making precise bends in 3/16"x1 1/2 strap isn't easy so I just used my cut off wheel and cut about half way through on the back side where I wanted my bend and then folded it. it'll get welded up later once I'm positive that's where I want everything. for right now the upper mounts are only using two of the bolts. when I get ready to finalize the mounds I'll add in years so that it's attached to both bolts on each side. The firewall will probably just a standard flange mount with a band clamp to hold it in place.
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote