View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 10:08 AM   #27
kdad

Re: Correctly made window beltline felts

Feeling your pain... Love the truck color by the way. It is nearly 100% proof if the manufacturer says that you need to bend the attachment point on the door to install their product.... They know the felt strips are not right and have unwittingly acknowledge that by telling someone to bend the flange to accommodate their product.. Over here shaking my head because the first thing I did was bend the flange over to make room for these felt strips. Then I took the window attachment channel out and removed the glass and sanded the outside of the channel to smooth it. Then I ground down all of the excess material at the mounting points. On a separate note I was working on other areas of the truck yesterday and thinking to myself if a had a roller press I could feed these felt strips through the rollers and compress them to be as thin as the originals... Guess I will keep the options open until the new strips show up.

Good luck to all and we will report back soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracko View Post
I wrecked the first set of Precision strips while removing them because they wouldn’t let the window go past. Told Precision what was happening and they said the flange needs to be bent back. They sent me another set free of charge and after bending the flange back on the drivers side, the glass goes all the way up, it does sit low though.

Tried the same on the PS and it was a no go. Looking forward to seeing how those rubber right way ones fit.

She may not be the prom queen but at least she puts out..
kdad is offline   Reply With Quote