Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 12:13 AM   #166
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Fuel System - Fuel Lines Completed

I finished up the fuel lines today. Really not much to it, just time consuming. It took more brains pre-ordering all the right parts than it did installing it. I decided to put the vette filter in the back behind the fuel tank since there will be plenty of open space there when the filter needs to be replaced for maintenance.

Here is the SummitRacing packing list with all the parts I used and the cost.

1/4 inch adapters to AN -6

The vette filter from tanks INC came with a bolt hole and a little tab to the side of it that keeps it in place so I notched a little hole for the tab and drilled out a new hole. I placed a bolt in from behind and used a lock washer and nut in the front to secure it.

The filter also came with a ground strap and I tried to bend it down just a little and the little sucker snapped right off, so don't try this at home folks I tack welded it back in place.

When I was cutting my hose, I used a rubber golf club holder for a vise to hold the fuel line. It worked great. Making these fuel lines was a LOT easier than I expected to make. I used a thin cutoff wheel to cut the lines. Tape keeps the stainless braid from fraying.

Here is the finished filter setup:

I used the same 3/8" aluminum fuel line that the P.O. was using. I just blew it out with the air hose and installed summit brand compression fittings to AN -6. Worked out great. It only runs the straight shot down the frame.

Here is where I connected the soft line to hard line in the rear. It's taped up right now while I get all the clamps installed so it doesn't get scratched.

And here it is in the front. You can see the route I'm going to take up to the fuel rail.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote