Thread: AC Request
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 02:14 PM   #8
NC_John

Re: AC Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by First c10 View Post
Hey john. I looked into this also
I am running an e38 ECM. I will have to use the stock pressure switch and wires from pins 12/13/43 (I think). For me this will control cooling the Fans and idle control. Or at least I hope.
The request wire (59 I think)just turns on a relay that went to the compressor. I am going to use the old air product (my ac) binary switch to control the compressor.
But if anyone knows of a single wire that works I want to know as well.
I just circled back to this project last weekend and realized what you were telling me. I wired up a ground signal switched by the vintage air compressor on signal to the A/C request pin and the Tech 2 didn't recognize it (did not show an AC request when the system was running).

I went into the schematics again and saw that the A/C request is an output, not an input and the actual AC request for an 04 corvette programmed PCM has to come from a bcm datalink.

I see the information in the thread about installing another pressure switch and getting the pcm some data that way but don't think the juice is worth the squeeze....

Seems to be running fine when the AC cycles anyway so the tuner gets what he gets.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote