View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 06:21 AM   #2019
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

I love it, too! I went ga ga collection toy trucks, Tonka mostly, in the late '80s-'90s. The first ones, not as popular, are cabover GMCs. Then in '54 the went to the F-series Fords. Those round fenders were my favorite. In '58 they followed Ford's body style change, which is my favorite square fender. The round hole Budd wheels carried over that year and all trucks still had blackwall tires... like real trucks. In '59 they went to triangle holes (like Daytons I guess) and then whitewalls started oozing in, so it was hit or miss on blackwalls...realism. That hook 'n' ladder is missing the dome beacon on top of cab. I have a stock of spare parts (yeah, just like 67/72 Chevy trucks) and I had him help me replace the light. My hand is too big to get inside the cab from below and put the push clip on. He got that put in place so I could push on it with a nut driver. I told him, "Teamwork get's the job done!". And you guys thought we were playin'

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote