Thread: 47-55.1 AD wiring
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 07:30 PM   #14
Matt_50

Re: AD wiring

Got a couple things done today. My truck came with two dome lights, there were extra stuff under the seat. So I had an extra one if I messed this up lol.

I took one apart to see how it was wired. Big surprise, old wires with insulation that kinda fell apart if I messed with it. I took the contact out to see how it was put together. And with some advice from Deve at Deves TechNet, I found another contact and got it back in working order. These lights take a single wire contact and I just happened to have a couple of new unopened license plate lights I have had for years.

I had to play with it a bit. Looks like you could easily make your own if you had the right terminal end or even just solder on the end of a wire. Anyways the license plate contact had a couple rubber pieces and a spring. No matter what combination I did, adding pieces and taking away, I couldn't get it and a bulb to fit.

But, I could reuse the little plastic piece and spring from the original wire. I added a little piece a heatshrink on the end, I'd hate for the spring and wire to touch. Using the original pieces, it fit just fine and a ring terminal on the other end and it was done! Now to actually install it.

Also mounted my horns from the donor behind the grille.

I'll post pictures when I get home.