View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 07:09 AM   #1334
special-K
Special Order

Re: Trucks Are Beautiful

What year was the Mack? I live in Mack Country, with Macungie, PA being a few hours away and we had a plant in Hagerstown, MD. That plant is now Volvo, who now owns Mack (hard to believe). What's really hard to believe is the no longer have Mack engines, all Volvo. I have a lot of respect for Volvo Truck on the worldwide scale. I'm glad they saved Mack, if that was the problem. And I know the technological demands that are placed on heavy truck mfgrs is putting great financial pressure on them. I think that might be what the whole Mack/Volvo thing is all about. Cat had to drop their big motor over all that. I had heard they stopped doing engines, but recently found out it was just the big Cay everyone love. I thought it was ironic they'd halt engine production right when the started their own line of trucks. Heck, Paccar started building their own engines about the same time. a lot of changes going on in big trucks these day. Makes me love a lot more of the simpler older trucks now. A lot of independents are running old pushers to stay with the simpler easier to keep going engines, just when they seemed to drop of the edge of the planet.

Speaking of pushers, have I shown these old Reos before? Does the horizontal part of that grille look familiar to you all?
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote