Thread: Dream shop?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 09:38 AM   #9
cornerstone

Re: Dreaming of a shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
28x52 isn't my dream shop, that's at least 4x bigger.
Yeah, sorry about the wording I used when I referenced you Jesse. I really should have titled it “dreaming OF A shop”. I think we all can agree bigger is always better. Mainly I was trying to get across the thought that you’ve been in the planning stage for a good while now and it’s like a dream come true when you get to finally start the project.

That’s kind of where I’m at. Just trying to decide which shop to build now. I still really like the underground idea because of the built in FREE AC, and the proximity to the house. I can live without the roof being fully covered in dirt for my garden idea, I just think that would be an added bonus.

About 6-7 years ago I did a bunch of dirt work in the spot I want to build it. I rented a backhoe and cut into the hillside so that the pad size is 46 wide by roughly 60 deep. The back wall of the cut out is about 15 feet high. It’s next to where my well house sits now, on the same plane as that small building. At the moment we use it for additional parking and I have an storage box with C10 parts over in the back corner.

Before I make a final decision on whether to fix up the pole barn or start the new project in the hillside I will definitely get the barn cleaned out and do a cost analysis on finishing it enough that I will enjoy using it. That should keep me busy for a while ... I tend to be a project starter and not so much a finisher, so a clean barn is the least I can do before I make another giant mess. Thank y’all for letting me air out my dirty laundry!
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote