Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 02:39 PM   #258
SCOTI

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA_C10 View Post
Thanks, yeah I have been out in the garage everyday since Sunday. I am really trying to get er dun

Well I sold another car to pay for this one I have more coming to finish this thing up soon. I'm hoping to have exhaust done by next week. Then I mount the remote trans cooler. Put grease in all the suspension. Install the torque converter. Put the support straps on the fuel tank. And the cab goes back on for good. I'm thinking 2 weeks I should have all this done. Which means more like 3 weeks lol... That's how it always ends up for me.

You have been kicking butt. I wish the accomplishments were always in direct proportion to the efforts like that. It's taken me 3 days (6-9ish PM) just to get a steering shaft & my Square body dually ready for a swap. I can't have it sitting in front of the shop blocking the fire-lane during business hours & my neighbor is being an A** (his company/group block the closest, reachable parking spot(s) w/a flat surface for raising the truck/parking overnight) so it's a process:

Tuesday:
  • Get tools & equipment set-up to work.
  • Pull things apart to test fit new stuff.
  • ID issues & ensure each end assembles as it should w/o difficulty.
  • Re-assemble old stuff to relocate truck.
  • Put tools & equipment away.
Wednesday:
  • Remove parts again to re-test assembly & verify final measurements w/better lighting.
  • Inspect any other possible issues.
  • Reassemble old stuff to relocate truck.
  • Put tools & equipment away.
Tonight will be:
  • Remove old parts & w/fingers crossed, final install of the new part.

Hopefully installation goes well & it will be the last effort. If not, I get to reassemble the old stuff for another day/another attempt.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote