Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 09:54 AM   #260
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update - Started on Exhaust

My exhaust finally came in.... For the second time.... First package was damaged in shipping and one of the 4' pieces was missing... hmmmmm... Anyway. I was trying desperately to just reuse the 3" exhaust that the PO had on it but it just wasn't going to work. The new routing screwed it all up. So I started looking for the cheapest kit I could find thinking I would just use what I already had, get a few new bends and straight pieces, and weld'em together. Well this doesn't really exist unless you go to Home Depot and use their fence posts lol, even then you need a bender.

So I found a builder kit on Amazon for $169, came with 2 4' straight pieces, 2 U-bends, 2 90's, and 2 45's. Steel. But then right next to it was the exact same kit in SS and it was the same exact price..... So I bought stainless. Crazy.

Now I don't have the gas to weld stainless, nor do I have the stainless wire for my mig welder, so don't kill me when use .025 steel wire to weld this up. I don't care, the original plan is still in play, I just happened to get SS on the cheap. Unless someone has a better idea that doesn't cost me anymore money

Sure looks good, I made my first cut last night and stuck it in a band clamp. It's gonna clear my E-Brake rod, whew.... I'm using band clamps until I am ready to finalize it.

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote