Thread: '50 chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 11:09 PM   #397
joedoh

Re: '50 chevy 3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_50 View Post
I misspoke. The cable is too long and the pedal is swung too far forward. If that makes sense. I think if the cable was shorter then the pedal would start in the right spot and then I could push it down with my foot with full movement.

might be, give it a shot, the "too long" you are talking about is the distance from the stationary point that holds the cable housing to the cable end itself where it attaches to the pedal. so if you held the pedal up where it should be there would be "slack" in it, dead space where there is no pulling going on till a certain point.

on the horn, that contact is just to pass the horn signal from the steering wheel button to the horn relay. its not necessary to push down on it, its just a pass through, it rides on a contact ring on the back of the steering wheel, and that contact ring is wired to the horn button. usually the other side of the button is wired to a contact that touches the center of the splined shaft (or if your wheel has a die cast center, is screwed to the die cast). the reason its honking is there is ground on that wire that shouldnt be there. might be at the bottom, where the wire is just laying loose and is grounding out on something. could be grounded at the horn relay.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote