View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 12:58 PM   #37
RyanAK

Re: Yet to be named... ‘78 K10 Suburban

ShortHaul - Thanks, man. I like lists. I have lists of lists. I hope to update that post as things get done, but I think there's an edit time window...

I love Sweet Pea. That truck and your build is one of just a handful that I really can take inspiration from. You're doing a great job.

I'm on the fence... Summit now has the 15x8 OE-style wheels from WV in stock, so I could run the stock caps with 32x11.5-15 BFG T/As. Or General Grabbers. Both are LT tires, but 'C' rated. That's about the only choices for a 15x8. (I see you're running those Generals... impression?) Or keep looking for a 16x8 6-lug wheel. 3/4 ton is so much easier for running stock caps on OE-style wheels and getting into an E rated tire. Appreciate the input.

Lift/level will be a 1" zero-rate to take out the sag in the butt. And lift from +1 or +2 tires. Stock plus just a li'l bit...

Hard to justify a new engine considering there's a new GM crate with 4,000 miles on it and still under warranty.... Eventually I'd like to put a 400 in it or maybe build a 383 stroker. I was actually initially looking specifically for a truck with a 400 because Pap had one when I was a kid. But for now I'm considering what I can do to wake up this brand new but very mild 350...

Thanks so much for the encouragement. Looks like my body guy can get to it in the next week or two. Kids will be excited to finally go on an adventure. Time to start some memories.

Meet 'Earl', '71 C10 Suburban - Sold, but not forgotten...

Meet... yet to be named, ‘78 K10 Suburban Daily Driver
RyanAK is offline   Reply With Quote