View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 09:50 AM   #2
jocko

Re: Nice 66 camper on CL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57NAPCO View Post
...Sorry, didn’t see the Craigslist thread above...

Just sharing, I inquired about it and my lovely wife said you sold yours awhile back, no more campers

https://ottumwa.craigslist.org/cto/6968366141.html

“Camper has 50,000 miles is 327 4 speed, Had split rims so I put on 1980's dually rims and new tires. has rebuilt carb, lines, belts, hoses, water pump, thermostat, valve cover gaskets, gas tank has been cleaned, spark plugs, wires, points, cap, battery, cables, brakes, cylinders, axel seals and more. Is basically ready to drive and has original 60's-70's camping gear, clothes, dishes, pots and pans, cooking utensils and dishes, and even towels and cooking apron. Is basically a museum on the inside and looks like Gma and Gpa went camping in it in the 70's and parked it. 9,000.00 Camper section has new screws and has been re caulked and aluminum polished.”
Agree, that is a nice one and I'd love to bring it home but just not in the cards at the moment. Here are some additional pics. Engine appears to still have original paint. I bet this thing is a time capsule. Not a fan of personal hood ornaments... argh. Nothin like a big ol screw hole front and center in a sea of finely aged old original paint. But I could learn to live with it or fix it.

Another interesting tidbit.. I inquired about what appeared to be the "2nd" shifter boot behind the 4-speed. Seller stated it was the parking brake, and sure enough - the under-column one isn't there. Is this a C-30 thing or a Class C thing - anyone know?
Attached Images

Last edited by jocko; 09-20-2019 at 09:58 AM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote