View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 10:51 PM   #3783
DransportGarage

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Got Baby out to blow out the garage. Decided to "wash" her - which for me is a soaking wet new microfiber towel to loosen/pickup the dust, then wipe dry with another brand new microfiber towel. Seems to work fine and leaves NO scratches.

Waxed her with Collinite 845 Insulator Wax (Thanks to Black Sheep/Mark, for the referral!)

Took her to gas up and got almost 20 gallons in it. I thought I bought an 18 gal. tank from Tanks Inc!

Then to the local bike shop for roadie inner tubes I use to cover my tailgate chains until I get some proper covers made to match my interior. A quick cruise of Colorado Blvd to show her off to the afternoon's shoppers and got a few thumbs up. Finally to Sierra Madre - a small village area - for a slice of pizza and home to the garage.

Took a couple pics. The stance is flat wrong...as in too flat. It used to be lower in front. I raised it which ruined the stance. I've decided to raise the front til the top of the tire is barely visible THEN raise the rear 1" using blocks and longer U bolts. As is, the tire hits when backing out of my driveway. Comments welcome.
I agree that the back could be a little higher than the front. What a nice truck!!
Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote