View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 11:09 PM   #3893
Black_Sheep

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrdone View Post
hey black sheep: how about some details on your disc brake change--- what parts did you use for the disc setup, master cylinder & booster? thanks
It's a '75 Nova front sub, the most exotic parts are the Centric drilled and slotted rotors and Baer "Sport" pads. The hydraulic components are just premium quality OEM replacement parts. Calipers are Raybestos remans and the rear wheel cylinders are new Raybestos. My rear is a Mopar 8.75" with 10" x 2.5" drums so I chose the closest size wheel cylinder to what the Nova would have, but they are .010" larger diameter. The new master cylinder and flex hoses are all NAPA brand. Rounding out the system is a Tuff Stuff Performance dual diaphragm 8" booster, residual pressure valves and a Wilwood adjustable proportioning valve. For a weekend cruiser it's a super simple disc/drum setup which was fairly economical, even with "premium" parts. We got them bled this evening and it has a good pedal. I want to replace the shocks before the tires go back on, hopefully I'll be able to test drive it Saturday...
Black_Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote