View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #172
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

Thanks for the replies everybody. I really need to get better about updates. The project is still moving forward, actually made some decent progress. Pulled it out of the garage a couple months ago and actually got the box set on it for the first time in a couple years. Nothing attached yet, just sitting in place so I can start planning mounts. also it looks like I'm farther along so it makes me feel better. Ride heights are pretty close to what I had in mind. Don't want to go to much lower because it's static height and I live in the country with kind of crappy roads at times.

The more I look at it with the steel wheels in the center caps the more I like the look of them. Whenever I get around to painting the outside of it I'll go with something different but with the current patina they blend in pretty good. In the pictures the fronts are 215 60 15 and the backs are 255 60 15. I'm probably going to go 255s all the way around. I plan on driving it a lot and being an alignment tech full-time I know that rotating and makes a big difference on how well they wear. It is been a lot more difficult than I thought it would be trying to find tires for mock-up purposes. It's way too early in the build to buy new tires because one I'm not 100% sure what size they want to go with into it might be a couple years before it hits the road. I got lucky when I found the 255 at work and a couple weeks ago I found a set of 275 60 15. I wasn't sure if I was going to run anything that big on it but I had a pretty good feeling I was going to have to get the rear end cut down to fit and I figured if I'm going to get it cut down and might as well make sure they fit later. The 255s are currently mounted I set a 15 x 7 with about 3 and 1/2 or 4 in of backspace. The 15 by eights or a 4 inch backspace. And a suspected the 275 on the 8 inch rims are a bit wide to fit under the back so it looks like I'm getting a rear end narrowed. Not really a huge deal, machine shop in town gets a hundred bucks to narrow the housing and I can buy axles online for 300 bucks. Better to find out now before it's all painted is the way I see it. That four hundred bucks would have covered my tires or half of my fuel injection though.
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote