View Single Post
Old 11-03-2019, 10:39 PM   #14
landarts
landarts

Re: 68 Second Chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Great way to work around a problem!

Tell me about the paint you bought, if you don't mind. I see it says color match, is it a single stage paint? What is in the aerosol can?
The paint is single stage paint from Napa auto parts paint store. I took my fender off of the truck and buffed it to get the oxidation off. Then took it to the store where they used a digital gun to match the paint. Then mixed a quart of paint, after that they pour 4 oz. out of the quart can and pressurize it into a aerosol can that has a hardener bladder. When you get ready to spray with it you use a red button tool on the bottom of the can to puncture the bladder and mix the hardener with the paint. After you do that the paint is good for 24 hours. After I paint the two repairs I will let it cure up a few days then I will buff the old with new.

Utech paint is a line that Napa sells, it is a step above the Martin Senoir brand. The Utech paint is one of the paints that can use the digital gun to match paint with. Since the truck paint is old and faded a bit this is the only way to get a color match without doing a complete paint job.
68 Second Chance
Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
72 K10 Custom
71 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote