View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 11:34 AM   #3982
DransportGarage

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick53 View Post
I need to put the big hole in the little cover. I'm going to try to do this myself. This will be my first attempt to make something important with my mill. I bought the big block cover from Summit for $52. My plan is to cut the big block seal holder out of the cover with my rotary vice and bore a hole to fit in my 292 cover and mind meld them together. It looks like it will just fit. I ordered this boring head. https://www.shars.com/4-adjustable-b...mbo-8-pc-set-1 It was pricey but will give me one more capability with my mill. I was going to send it out but decided to go for it. If I fail all i'm out is a $53 cover and a cover I can't use. If I pull it off I'll feel pretty good about myself.
A secondary challenge will be alignment with the crank nose. I assume you'll be tacking it in place while it is mounted on the block. Be careful not to melt the seal! (but hey, you can always punch in another one after the smoke has cleared!)
Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote