Thread: Duramax swap?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 02:52 PM   #14
Drewbee

Re: Duramax swap?

Hey Trevor

Nice build by the way, I've been keeping an eye on it.

Yeah I'm going to look at using the longer 1967-72 c50 frame and move the rear axle. Rtech fabrications did one that looks sweet and if you look at his pictures he put a dana 60 on the front, and 14 bolt on the rear and did a cummins, nv4500 swap in it.

I was going to go that route, as I have all the pieces except for the c50, but I want to be a little different. I have a bajillion other things going on with work, school, trying to invest, have somewhat of a social life, house, etc, and the projects end up being moved to the back.

I'd love to do an almost identical build like Rtech and use an lbz with allison, not sure on the transfer case but I do have a spare np205 sitting in the garage. Everyone is saying lb7 is easier, but I remember the lb7 having several issues and headaches. I'll probably end up rebuilding the cummins and nv4500 I have and selling those to offset the cost for a lbz duramax. I don't mind spending a little more because I want this to be my daily and I'd rather modernize this then go spend 60k on a newer diesel. Then I have something pretty unique that very few have.
Drewbee is offline   Reply With Quote