Old 12-13-2019, 02:03 PM   #170
vintovka

Re: 50 years ago I was given this USAF 54 3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
"double wall shrink tube
good set of crimpers that does more than flatten out the connector
heat gun to shrink the tube

for the fan why not wire it so you can do either option. then on hot days after a run the engine will have time to cool down after you walk into the coffee shop

next time you are at the doc office ask about diclofenac, same stuff as the voltaren except available in different strengths. works great. comes in a cream from pharmacy. apply a bit before you're gonna do some stuff or afterwards when the hurtin gets harder to handle. just don't get all superman when the pain is masked from the diclofenac. lol.

have fun, post pics.
Good advice. Taking time to solder connections now with single wall heat shrink -- never heard of double wall

Will take your advice and wire Fan with option. Already have an override switch to turn it on when ever needed.

Yes diclofenac same as voltaren and 1% does the job and covered by Medicare for us old farts. About $30 tube on Amazon. One tube can last for years. The releif is fast but overdoing it after is not wise. I found applying immediately after an injury helps too. Like when concrete garage floor jumps up and smacks you. Funny enough, i have a tube in my tool box out in garage. FWIW nice fitting nitrile gloves can help us old. literally thin skinned, folks. Used to be bullet proof Now i am Bullet Bait. You young guys may laugh but, if fortunate enough, your time will come.
vintovka is online now   Reply With Quote