Thread: Duramax swap?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM   #18
txagincali

Re: Duramax swap?

Hey Drewbee, sorry for the late replay but have been offline with the family.

You are right in that RTech Duke build runs GM PS drop axles with the Cummins/NV4500 and 205 TC. Jay Leno's Garage just released a new YouTube Episode where Randall goes on to describe the 66 Ponderosa version with similar setup. Fronts look just like leaf springs (lots of underbody footage in the video) with some trailing arms for the rear.

I have thought about running a divorced TC to the Ally for a PS drop but am re-evaluating given the space confinement I might have for the Trans crossmember and whether a TC will even fit. So now on to a new route of running a pre-97 Ford F-450 beam axle (2wd obviously) but with 8x6.5" lug pattern to match the AAM 11.5 rear.

Once I work out the computer complications with swapping an 04 motor into an 02 truck, I will start tearing down my donor and my tow rig (which is the 02 with an 01 LB7) and do the 2-way swap and clean up. Then maybe a build post to start once I have some substantial progress made.
1972 GMC K5 Blazer 4x4 (sporadically being worked on, accumulating parts)
txagincali is offline   Reply With Quote