Thread: 55.2-59 6.0L pros cons
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 10:38 PM   #11
1project2many

Re: 6.0L pros cons

Quote:
that 6L90 is bulletproof I hear.
No it's not. The 2500 and 3500 truck and van calibrations *always* let the torque converter clutch slip. Our buses are stop and go all day long and usually between 120k and 150k the "bulletproof" 6L90 has been destroyed by excess heat. We have spent sooo much $$ replacing these transmissions that it is downright scary. I have spent many, many hours looking at TCC programming to fix this. It might survive in a lightweight truck, but the stock programming is not optimal.

And, speaking of stock programming, you're likely to need the instrument cluster, the BCM, the TCM (in the trans), and the ECM to make this work. You'll need to make the DBW system fully operational. You may need the 2019 steering column if you want cruise. You may need the ABS sensor inputs if you want TCS to work. if you want to make changes you'll need to pay for an access code to download the stock calibration for modification. And you may not be able to shut off all the codes that would occur if you use a non-OE configuration.

My advice is to use an older controller to run the engine.
1project2many is offline   Reply With Quote