Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 03:00 AM   #376
cwcarpenter98

Re: Frankentruck

I've been bad at taking pics while I was working on them, but I've got the reverse light buckets repaired with some JB weld and painted with rust reformer and painted the inside of the bucket gloss white.

I got the holes drilled in the end caps, but couldn't complete the install because I'm waiting on the seals and such to show up, and I need to get the clips that hold the buckets to the body.

A NOS backup lamp switch is on it's way from California. I decided to go NOS for 2 reasons: one, Frankentruck deserves some NOS goodies and two, I don't have a whole lot of faith in the aftermarket switches especially when I could only find it from LMC. The NOS switch was about the same as the repop one from LMC after shipping.

Some other NOS goodie is a single speed wiper washer switch. I'm keeping my factory wiper motor, but wanted a proper switch in the dash to make the Ford washer pump work like the GM one would have. Also, I like keeping fluids out of the cab, so it made sense to use the Ford stuff with a pump in the bottom of the reservoir.

I also pulled some parts off the other core support I have so I can figure out what I want to do about getting it repaired. I need to sell the stuff I'm not using because I'll probably end up paying someone to fix the bottom of the support. It looks like it just needs corners as the center piece is surprisingly solid.

Happy New Year y'all!!
Attached Images

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, Muncie 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350 --> Soon to be 350, Saginaw 4 speed

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote