View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 10:55 AM   #192
TA_C10

Re: 1968 GMC - Ol' Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
The front end lighting is done. I bought the halogen upgrade headlights from LMC and I'm pretty pleased with them. They use a modern 9007 lamp and I opted for the blue-coated lamps for whiter light. Working with 4 headlights makes me jealous of you Chevy guys - it's twice the struggle and there's barely enough room in front of the core support for the housing and lamp pigtail so the wires are almost stressed on the inners. Also, I couldn't remember how the spring hooked on the buckets so I fought that for awhile.

But the LED sidemarker lights from SOKY were easy to install and look great too.

I need to figure out how to reset the glass in the channels though. I haven't been able to find much info on this task yet. It seems from the factory they were just pressed in with some rubber without any adhesive. I ordered the "glass setting rubber" from LMC and it's basically just strips of rubber. The passenger glass fell out of the channel during door disassembly so I took the driver side apart and sandblasted and painted the channels while I was at it. If anyone has any tips on this, let me know please.
I noticed my door glass was set in the channels using butyl rubber. Not sure if that was factory....

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote