View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 05:06 PM   #704
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: My Big Fat Renovation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Sorry to hear about the setback. These storms lately have been really tearing things up across the SE
I'm definitely grateful nothing structural was damaged. I wonder what would have happened if I had part of the roof on?

I went home for lunch today to take the pics above. Absolutely gorgeous out. It was 73* and sunny. In January.

I'm going to make use of the rain day. A pontiac 400 is an $$$ motor to build. They way I want to do it will be around 4K, kinda strapped for cash with the garage build, at least for something that $$$. I've been looking on and off for a running 250 OHC 6 to drop in it for at least 7/8 months. Sunday night one popped up on FB Marketplace for $300. The claim is it came out of a running/driving car that's been driven weekends the last few years in favor of a 400. Seller seemed honest, he said it smoked a little on start up but otherwise ran well, and the head was supposedly rebuilt before he got it. For $300 it's complete with a new carb and worth a shot. I can take it apart and sell the pieces for more than that. So, I offered to pay full price if he would hold it for me. I'm going to use the rain day to go down and get it this weekend. That's the sucky part, it's all the way down on the coast, about a 9 hour round trip, not including my usual couple hour car guy BS.

The car it came out of was super nice as well. Still going to build my car into a 400 clone, but I may actually be able to do burnouts and go around the block now
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote