View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 10:58 PM   #880
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Power Steering Adapter Plates

Your '86 steering box will have Metric with an o-ring style fittings. So it will be best if you purchase a 1980 and newer power steering pump. Most likely one for a 454, but that also depends on what water pump you are running. A long pump or the correct short pump. As for the lines that is a tossup. The lines for a '80+ truck with a 454 may or may not work. The only one that is a worry is the pressure hose. Personally I would just have a hydraulic shop make a hose for you with the correct ends. The return line does not have crimped on ends, so that is easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66_C20 View Post
Captain,

I purchased your power steering adapter plate a while back and got it mounted. Very nice quality piece and am very happy with it. I did have a question though that I was hoping you could help with. The power steering box is from an 86 C20 that I’m using on my 66 C20 which has a 76 454 BB in it. I still need to get the power steering pump assembly, lines, and reservoir to complete the project but not sure what year I should be searching for for these items. Any advice there?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote