Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 02:23 PM   #547
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Update - Wiring

I think I am going to just start throwing out random wiring jobs. I have so many pics built up it might be better to start putting them out here a little at a time rather than just make a couple huge posts.

Today's wiring update = Courtesy lights phase I

So the AA deluxe truck harness came with OE style bulb connectors on the courtesy light harnesses's. I decided to go ahead and use them. There are three light harnesses total. 2 of them you connect under the dash(courtesy), the 3rd is the rear overhead dome light.

I connected the two under-dash courtesy harnesses. On the drivers side I spliced the provided extra dome light harness(into the under-dash courtesy light harness).

This basically gives you both under dash courtesy lights and the extra plug for connecting the dome light as well. I plan to upgrade my interior lighting however. All LED lights. I already installed the LED upgrade dome light in previous post. With the under-dash lights I plan to cut the OE style bulb sockets and splice in the following LED light kit. Two light bars will be installed under the dash for foot well illumination, the other two will be installed under the seat to create more lighting coming from under the seat. I may also splice in a few more LED strips and install them under the doors so when they are open, they will point towards the ground providing lighting outside the cab when entering or exiting.

Here is the inside cab LED kit I got. It has a control box I spliced into the passenger side courtesy light harness. It is bluetooth and with an app on your phone you can change colors, beat with music, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote