View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 06:38 PM   #18
Chris(NJ)

Re: Driver's side door adjustment? Or Altman Latch adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
Most people grind the window channel tab prior to bolting in the latch plate onto the door. You can gain access from the large hole cut in your door. On mine there are only 2 exterior screws that hold the channel in. I did not have anything at the top. Looks good. I installed Altman latches but I have not fully assembled them as my doors are still off.

Marc
I'm an idiot sometimes lol. I didn't realize the screw is actually on the INSIDE of the door for the upper one I looked on the outside thinking it'd be the same as the lower 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemezcrusher View Post
Good solution to the same problem I am having with my Altman latches. I think they need a bit more adjustability. My “pins” are too high when the door is perfectly aligned. I think it needs to come down 1/8 to 3/16. I considered taking some material off of the bottom of the two little thread bars that go in to the area behind the plate letting the plate go down a little. If that does not give me enough movement down I will look at your solution. I guess I can look at current fitment and figure out how much it needs to go down, swap them side to side and put new holes in. Thanks for the tip
That's less than what mine needed. I had to come down ~5/16. Your hinges might be in better shape than mine. But either way, I agree....Altman should have a different design on the strike plate. Even something like a swiss-cheese-plate to give plenty of options for mounting locations of the strike bolt would be nice.
Oh, and the only thing I can think of for your solution that might not work is because the double nut for the screws rests on a ledge in there. Not sure if opening up the holes will do much if you don't cut out that holder. Thats part of the reason I chose to drill a new hole.
Let us know what method you use and how it turns out! Good luck
Chris(NJ) is offline   Reply With Quote