View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 04:00 PM   #51
rowdy11

Re: Lola: My Moon Shot 70 SWB K10

More work done over the past couple of weeks.

I started to bend and install replacement brake lines. Front up to the brake partition are done and back lines are almost done. Waited on Saturday for a delivery from Inline Tube for the rear axle that didn't show up.

The final adjustment to my headers is complete, so last weekend and this weekend I coated the interior and exterior and re-mounted them. I expect some further adjustment once the cab is back on and we start to build final exhaust.

Cab and body continue to roll at an accelerated pace. Bed is starting to come back together as well.

Also worked on my two biggest issues this weekend: the transmission crossmember and the power steering pump. I'm fabricating an addition to the original cross member so I can keep the original cross member location and bolt holes. Should retain it's original strength and based on the design, distribute the weight of the trans/transfer case across the entire cross member properly.

Some may remember I was debating a new PS reservoir because of the conflict with the frame. Instead, we decided to cut and custom shape the reservoir to fit in a way that won't starve the pump. I decided to keep the original reservoir based on extra capacity. The picture shows a test fit this weekend, and we still have some small modifications to finish. The cut looks worse than it is, with only a small amount of the original area in the reservoir being truly lost.

Once those are done, I can finish engine assembly and mounting the rear of the drivetrain once and for all.

Next up: finish brake lines, fuel lines, and start on engine wiring. I hope to have the cab mounted back up in 4-6 weeks!
rowdy11 is offline   Reply With Quote