View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 11:04 PM   #17
MiraclePieCo

Re: 91 Chevy 350. Keep efi/ throttle body vs. carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
i think you might be a little over dramatic here, your current truck has been broken more times and inert for longer than anything with EFI/OBD I have owned in the last 25 years (which has been zero times, by the way, 3 CPI trucks, 1 SFI truck, 2 TBI trucks, and a daily LQ4 with 180k).
WHaaa? I think you're mistaken. My truck has been on the road two years and has never been broken. I had a cracked head I had to replace, but that was unrelated to the carb. Any other times my truck has been inoperative is for upgrades and improvements rather than repairs. I believe you're thinking of someone else. All I know is that I've had far more trouble with TBI systems than carbs - failed O2 sensor, TP sensor signal break, main ECU failure, sluggish starts because there's no accelerator pump, erratic idle speed issues that never could be rectified, etc etc. Towed in more than once with TBI issues. Once the system goes out of loop it will stop dead. Carbs might run rich, lean or inefficiently but they'll always get you there.

And dude, this is a discussion over induction systems - you sure as hell don't need to make it personal.

Last edited by MiraclePieCo; 02-28-2020 at 11:35 PM.
MiraclePieCo is offline   Reply With Quote