Thread: Dream shop?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 02:46 PM   #43
nlped

Re: Dream shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Thanks for the advice Carter. Please elaborate on irrigation control. I definitely have to be concerned about this since it tends to hold moisture, even standing water for a couple days after a heavy rain. I'll look into a poured wall also.

I don’t guess I really meant irrigation as much as just keeping water off the wall itself. My cement filled block wall is 8’8” tall and hasn’t been backfilled since the building has been completed. I’m going to put dimple board on the wall itself and I’ll be doing 2-6” diameter perforated pipes (drainage tile?). One just slightly below the top of the footings and another about 24” up (the second one will have the downspouts from the gutters feeding it). I’ll be backfilling most of the ‘hole’ with stone & gravel. First 2’ with 3” stone, then the 2nd drain pipe and then CA6 gravel for another 4’ with a landscaping fabric to keep the dirt out as much as possible. It’s probably overkill, but we get a lot of rain here and my soil is a LOT of clay, which is horrible to hold water and “swell”.

1968 Chevy SWB Fleet... Walt

1963-1/2 Ford Falcon Futura...Martha
nlped is offline   Reply With Quote