View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 03:45 PM   #1
toolboxchev

Electrical, Need Help! Please!

Looking for input.

1. I have 3 under dash wiring harness that do not match the colored wiring diagrams in the Colored Wiring Diagrams(courtesy of another member) and PDF copies of 67-72 GM truck Service Manuals. (are these correct?)

2. One of the above listed has come from my personal truck. It has burned up at both the ignition switch and the heater switch wiring connector. Both switches burned on my vehicle. My application is a early production 1970 (Sept. 1969 C-20 Camper Special with Camper wiring.(all Camper wiring is removed from my vehicle) I have a 7 gauge dash. The fuel gauge is always going cuckoo bouncing around. Not a tach dash, nor vac, nor air pressure.

3. I have a harness I am rebuilding and it does not match all the other 3 harnesses at the Gauge Cluster connector. It is wired different at this location and matches the above listed reference material.

It does not match the one (I assume is stock, Original wire tape) I had pulled from my vehicle in the gauge cluster location.

I AM STUMPED ON WHAT TO TRUST. Can anybody shed some light on this issue????

I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

The reference material from this site and original chassis service manuals do not show that it is tach dash wiring. Pics coming if needed.
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote