View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 08:55 PM   #3
toolboxchev

Re: Electrical, Need Help! Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_mcavoy View Post
Yes, some pics would probably be helpful.

Exactly what type(s) of differences are you seeing in the wire color coding vs. the diagrams? Are there wire colors present in the harnesses that aren't even shown on the diagrams? Or is it a matter of the wire colors not matching up with the gauge cluster connector pin-out?

And for reference, a tach, vacuum, or air pressure gauge shouldn't make any difference in the dash wiring harness. The tach (when present) is hooked up with it's own harness that is separate from the rest of the dash harness and the vac / pressure gauges are mechanical.
1. I am seeing different colored wires in locations that do not match the diagrams. ( My old harness + 2 extras I have)

The harness I decided to use(4th one) matches the diagrams on this site.

2. Yes, there are colors not listed in my old harness that are not in the correct location according to the diagrams on this site. There are in #4 which I am rebuilding in the correct location.

3. Yes the wire colors are not matching in locations ( my old harness + 2 others) Again #4 harness they are matching both in location and color correct to the diagrams.

Pics are coming, have to charge phone.
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote