Thread: Vortec help
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 11:39 AM   #1
b454rat

Vortec help

I posted this on a couple other sites but didn't get any responses. I have a 96 Yukon that Im trying to get going. When I bought it needed a motor/tranny. I put in a set with 138k IIRC, and motor ran beautiful. I needed to do some other stuff so didn't get a good chance to see how the tranny worked, but it shifted lol, so far so good. But it would idle a lot, now an then when working on it I would rev it up lil bit, and it would always have excellent response. Maybe it had something to do with the whipple, dunno. But anyways, last time I rev'd it, it hesitated, and didn't really want to rev. Next day I tried to start it, and wouldn't start. I though at first was the pump, cause I would spray starting fluid and would sputter. So no big deal needs a fuel pump. I took it to a garage so they could fix that, along with some other stuff that I couldn't do. They said the pump was fine, got 60 PSI or something. I guess the injectors aren't firing. I don't know if its the injectors themselves, bad ground, bad ECM, what. I want/need to get this fixed, but I'm at a loss at what it could be.
b454rat is offline   Reply With Quote