View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 10:43 PM   #4302
DransportGarage

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick53 View Post
I think it's a little less than 8". I haven't measured it exact yet. When it was being engineered that was a big concern. That was a big factor with getting a $7000 billet crank. They also went with big block oil seal and specs. I have really good people in the industry working on this and my engineers looking over the results. I'm 2.5 years into this project and hope to start working on the truck soon.
The good news is, it will be properly balanced I am sure, and it's just a rotational load with only the belt and timing link to the cam (chain, I presume) providing a side load, countering gravity. I'm guessing it's also about the mass of a torque converter that would be hanging on the other end of the crank if it's an automatic. (...and the converter would not be balanced as well, what with the fluid sloshing around in it.)
Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote