View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 01:10 PM   #379
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: HP Tuners Tutorials

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPotter View Post
I pulled the trigger - HPTuners and credits are on the way. I did download the software a few weeks ago and have been looking around at the sample tunes and recording and can understand some of it. I really would like to gain an understanding of all of the sensors and electrical components on these engines so I can understand how they each function and help the ECM decide what to do.
Awesome to hear, share some of your experiences once it arrives please, see where this tutorial fails you in your initial setup, so we can make improvements.

Also as far as the sensors, read up on O2 sensors as they are uber important, they are the ones that provide feedback that the PCM bases it's adjustments on. Understand the difference between narrowband and wideband oxygen sensors. Learn and share if you can clean them, if you can extend the cables, what the different deviations between brands are and their impact on OEM application, etc.

Then I would read about the MAF Mass Airflow sensor and it's role in the big picture, probably the most misunderstood sensor there is.

Follow that up with the MAP Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor and this whole Speed Density thing.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote