View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 10:20 AM   #103
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

no progress, I was sucking out the interior with the shop vac thursday and noticed the cab corners were still mostly full of wet muck. I had a bad feeling about it and changed tactics. I got the pressure washer and shot it down through the brace holes (this is a 48 so it has the reinforced inner sidewalls with what looks like a 6x9 opening in them, the only access to the cab corners).

my first inkling of trouble was that no matter how much I sprayed water would only trickle out of the 1" hole in the bottom. I wiggled the wand and eventually was rewarded with....

have you ever seen korean boba/bubble tea? it is an iced milk tea drink that has chewy balls of tapioca starch in it and a big straw to drink it all with. my daughter likes it and says I would too, but I have never tried and never will now because thats EXACTLY what came shooting out the drain hole, opaque brown water and rat poop.

there must have been 5 lbs of it in each corner, alternately plugging and clearing that drain hole, spluttering and shooting out like a malfunctioning drink dispenser. I made sure to wash it all down the driveway so it wouldnt bake and get pulverized by tires, turning into dust that would make everyone sick.

then I went to visit greg with the 52, I finished up the firewall and got the column mounted, need just a spit of closeout work on the firewall and the steering shaft u joints id'd and my part is done... but I feel badly for him because: last trip I told him to mount the exhaust manifolds so I could plan out the parts needed. his truck uses the ford style pedestal mounts, I had thought maybe it was mounted a tad low and forward because there was not trans tunnel to speak of, I expected a little bit at least. turns out the exhaust manifolds were off because they dont fit the frame, it would need a bunch of cutting. I am sad for him and I will help, but his "driving by summer" plan is getting more and more unlikely.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote